Wow, bout fucking time I got around to posting this beast huh?!
If at this point you're reminded of being high, eating ramen and dreaming of women's derrieres, then my job is done. Seriously tho, fucking thing is one sexy ass noodly lookin' bitch!
Not sure what to call this mofo other than Lyle's description: WMguchetchinsD ..I'll have to ask Prollz to come up with a good black death metal name for me ;-)
As for the details, the parts obviously came off my Yamaguchi Asymmetric since I don't have cash for any new parts these days. That and since I noticed a wrinkle starting to rear its ugly head on the seat tube of the frame, AGAIN, it's been a wall hangar ever since. The parts are too sweet to not see the light of day so I decided to get em rolling again..
The frame is a funky mix of different tubing. Stuff I had lying around and from ebay etc.. The two interesting things is that the TT is actually a Columbus curly ST. I know, but what can I say? It just looked wwwWAY more bitchin' that the original straight aero tube I was planning on using. The notion of which amuses the shit out of me since I'm probably the only dumbass out there who owns a bike with not one but TWO curly seat tubes, hehe. The other great thing about the way it's set up, is that it intersects the ST much higher up which gives it more support and stiffness..
The other thing which was a PITA was that the only seat stays I had lying around were these single taper slight S bend stays, no where near long enough, or double tapered. Borrowing from the freak bike building manual, I took four of them, bent them with a fork leg bender to the desired curves, then sleeved them internally to get the super long double tapered stays you see. Curving the shit out of the stays also produced a triple triangle set up you could almost fit your head through..
There's a bit more to it but I'm not going to bore you with all that. While I'm super stoked to finally get things back up and running in the shop, there's still plenty of tid bits to acquire and more practice frames to build. This is the first frame I've made since the Yamaguchi school (which is crazy considering how long it's been since I've been well enough to do so) so it's a bit rough here and there. It's obviously a very experimental frame design, not to mention the first time using all the new tooling I've invested in. I wasn't about to spend a ton of time on all the smoothing, finishing and a proper paint job. The next few frames will get cleaner as I go along and get more accustomed to things. Hoping to get myself a Dynafile in the near future since I have almost no patience for hand filing. Then there's the matter of decals and a proper name. Got the name figured out already and with any luck, I'll have decals for future frames as well..
The only thing left to do is to take it out for a spin. I rode it around the block a couple of times and it fit and felt pretty damn awesome. Nice, responsive and stiff. We'll see what I think after I rack up some proper mileage. In any case, hope you guys got a kick out of it!
Next up: MORE MINI TALL AKSHUN!!!